I worked for a long time trying to heal my body. I focused on nutrition, movement, stress reduction, and sleep. I made some progress, but nowhere near where I knew I could be. I had heard about mind-body stuff before, and kind of brushed it off as something I would look into when I got better. The power of our thoughts? Yeah, I know, I need to think positive, but I will start worrying about that when I’m healthy again.
But, my health kept stalling. 2 steps forward, 1 step back is frustrating when you’re trying to heal. One day, I decided it was time to check out this positive thinking stuff. And, guess what, it’s just what I needed!
We are just starting to discover and understand the true power our thoughts have over our circumstances. Thought-leaders like Louise Hay, Bruce Lipton, and Mike Dooley are spreading the message of health, hope, and healing through the power of our mind. What we think about, we bring about. So, if we are constantly thinking about how sick we are…guess what, we will stay stuck in that cycle. Changing your thoughts can truly change your life.
“The fact that the mind rules the body is, in spite of its neglect by biology and medicine, the most fundamental fact which we know about the process of life.” –Franz Alexander, M.D.
Affirmations for Healing
Here are the affirmations I used to heal myself of auto-immune disease. Please feel free to edit them as you wish. I suggest printing this out and putting it up on the fridge or the bathroom mirror. Read through the list a few times a day for a few weeks, and see how things start to shift! Then, report back! I want to know how you’re doing!
- My desires are in line with my highest good and well-being.
- My body and mind are at peace.
- I am safe to express my truth.
- I am worthy of thriving health.
- My body is my most trusted friend. It is always on my side.
- I am at ease and living in vibrant health.
- There is only health, prosperity, and joy – everything else is an illusion.
- I go beyond other's expectations, and create the life I desire.
- I no longer make decisions out of fear.
- I enjoy nourishing myself with love, healthy food, uplifting social interactions, and time in nature.
Want More Mind-Body Tools for Healing?
Check out these other blog posts for more information and healing tools.