I have many people ask me about what natural remedies they can use for different ailments. There is so much information out there, and I think it’s time to simplify it all! I am staring a series where I will be giving you 4 tips that you can use to quickly and safely alleviate negative symptoms.
I am starting with anxiety, because I know it’s a big problem for a lot of people. I suffered from debilitating anxiety and panic attacks for several years. After lots of trial and error, I finally found what works for me. Now it’s time for me to share my tips to help the world thrive!
Plant remedies help support the body during times of stress, and energy work gets to the root. A combination of these two things can work wonders!
- Physical: Get outside! It’s so important to get outside and breathe some fresh air when you or your children are feeling anxiety. Earth puts off a frequency that calms our nervous system. Go for a walk, touch the grass, look at the sky, and soak it up!
Beneficial foods for anxiety: cut sugar and caffeine, emphasize whole grains, sweet potatoes, and leafy greens.
- Energetic: The Emotion Code was the modality that finally got to the root of my anxiety, and released it. Read The Emotion Code by Dr. Bradley Nelson, or contact a practitioner. EFT is also a wonderful energetic technique that helps release anxiety and stress in the body. Next time you are feeling anxious, follow along with this video (you can do it more than once if you need to), and feel the shift in your attitude.
- Mental: A lot of our anxiety comes from our thoughts. Changing our thoughts is the first step to changing our lives. Affirmations give us a positive thought to focus on, and our body immediately starts shifting to accommodate.
“I have the ability to feel calm, no matter my circumstances. I welcome peace into every cell of my body now.”
- Plant Remedies: Nature has provided us with all the tools we need to thrive. Here are a few of my favorites for anxiety.
Bach Rescue Remedy – this is a combination of several flower essences. A few drops under the tongue (or on the wrist for children) during times of stress, fear, or anxiety.
Valor essential oil – this is a combination of several therapeutic essential oils. Valor promotes feelings of strength, courage, and protection when diffused. Valor has also been found to support energy alignment in the body. I keep some of this in my purse and put a drop on my wrist when stress creeps in. If you don't have an account with Young Living, contact me for more information. Or, use account number 1713911 at checkout.
Tranquil roll-on – this is a blend of lavender, cedarwood, and roman chamomile essential oils. This has a comforting aroma. Apply on wrists or back of neck during times of stress. If you don't have an account with Young Living, contact me for more information. Or, use account number 1713911 at checkout.
Nerve Tonic by Hylands – this is a homeopathic combination that relieves symptoms of nervous tension and anxiety.
- Bonus Tip: Observe times or days that anxiety hits. Is it after watching the news? Don’t watch it! After scrolling through facebook? Take a day off the internet! Find ways to support yourself with rest, self care, and joy!
Again, I would love your feedback on this series. What aliment should I cover next? What is the biggest health concern you have for yourself and/or your family?
Know someone who could benefit from this information? Please pass it on and help spread the message of health and healing!